Sunday, August 28, 2011

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

Let me share a secret with you. I can't bake. Nope. I love to bake and I wish I had the patience for baking, but I don't and I've come to terms with it. And I leave that to my sisters. One of them even blogs about it here: Olive it all.

Instead I take shortcuts. I get help from Betty Crocker and the like. And I'm not ashamed of it.

This weekend I had a hankerin for cupcakes and snickerdoodle cookies at the same time. And then I thought, how hard could it be?

So, after doctoring up a boxed cake mix, I got these tasty cupcakes:


Snickerdoodle Cupcakes: 


1 box Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
1 stick butter
3 eggs
1-1/4 cup water
2 tsp cinnamon
1 container of cream cheese icing

Mix cake mix according to package directions. Stir in cinnamon. Bake according to directions. (See... I can't bake- 350 degrees for 15 minutes did the trick. ) Add cream cheese icing and sprinkle with cinnamon!