Saturday, August 13, 2011

Just Peachy Muffins

So, as I was stumbling across my new favorite food site Tasty Kitchen, I ran across a picture of a beautiful fluffy muffin drizzled in confectioners sugar glaze, and I stopped in my tracks. What WERE these magnificent muffins, and how quickly can I make them??

The muffins were Peach and White Chocolate Chip Muffins by featured user MotherThyme, who has recently been posting about all things Peachy.

This is perfect timing, as every year I get 1-2 cases (yep you heard that right) of the most decadent, glorious peaches that have ever grown on this earth from McLeod Farms in the middle of the country in MacBee, South Carolina.


I am confident that these wonderful people growing these peaches in MacBee sprinkle sugar into the soil of their peach trees, and water their trees with sugar water. They may even inject the peaches with sugar while growing on the tree. There is NO other explanation for the perfect sweetness that these peaches contain. (Nor will I accept any other explanation.)

So, upon getting cases of peaches, they tend to ripen quickly, and I am always in need of great recipes to use them in.

Enter, stage right, MotherThyme's Peach and White Chocolate Chip Muffins:


The muffins are moist, with the slightest hint of cinnamon. The miniature chunks of white chocolate chips become the yin to the yang of the sweet, supple peaches. The glaze really becomes the "icing on the cake" (ok, I had to), adding a creamy drizzle of confectioners sugar to these already mouth-watering creations.

Stop by MotherThyme's website for the recipe, you won't be disappointed!!