Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Almonds


Let's talk about blonde moments.

Everyone has them right?

Even if you have just ONE stray piece of blonde hair on your head, you have them. [This is where you nod in agreement.]

Well yesterday I had an entire blonde day.

Everything that came out of my mouth should have stayed inside my head and swirled around in my confused brain of blondeness.

i.e. Asking a MEDICAL STUDENT if she was in nursing school. Really?

Ok moving on.

I was standing in line at Fresh Market and you know how they have those little sample boxes to tempt you to buy more? Well there was this delicious mix of sugared almonds, yogurt covered rasins, and seeds n such.

And I thought...dang these are GOOD. What is that flavor I taste. {All happening inside my head.}

And the lady behind me went to check out as I walked away and the cashier said "Would you like to try our Pumpkin Spice mix?"

I took that opportunity to turn around and tell him, OH, THAT's WHAT I TASTED. Before walking out. Like the two of us were having a conversation. That we weren't.

Anywho, It was like having Target's Archer Farms Cinnamon Sugared almonds {which I already love to eat by the handful thankyousomuch LivetoLoveplus enabling my obsession with pumpkin.


Welcome to Reason #852 why making things that taste like pumpkin is cool.

I also didn't have to spend $15 on said "Pumpkin Spice Mix" from Fresh Market. {I love you Fresh Market, but you're kind of a snob for charging designer prices for food.}

These are much more savory than cinnamon-sugared almonds. Less like candy, more like pumpkin pie + afternoon snack jumping in your belly and having a party.

BONUS: They make your house smell Ah-Mazing. So if you really want to pretend your house is clean, throw these in the oven before you invite someone over.

It'll be all you can do not to lick the oven door.

{But wait till they leave.They'll think you're weird.}


Pumpkin Pie Spiced Almonds
1 egg white
1 tsp cold water
1 cup whole plain almonds
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Spray a jelly roll pan with cooking spray.

Beat egg white and water until slightly frothy (~30 seconds to a minute).  Toss almonds in egg white/water mixture.

Combine sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Toss sugar and spices with almonds until liberally coated.

Pour on jelly roll pan and bake in oven at 250 for 60 minutes, tossing occasionally with spatula until golden brown.

"...since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you." Colossians 1:9"