Thursday, November 3, 2011

Snickerchip Cookies

I can't believe I'm showing these to you.

Remember how I told you I can't bake? Now you will believe me.

Pay attention to the concept here people. Not the upcoming visually confusing cookies.

Raise your hand if you have leftover Halloween candy.

Raise your hand if your trick-or-treaters cleaned out all but 3 pieces of candy in the bowl by 7:50pm and your husband told you that if we didn't go get more candy our house would be egged. Because thats what he used to do.

Then Raise your hand if you went OUT, got more candy, and 5 more teeny weeny children came. Who are not capable of egging houses. And wouldn't have noticed one bit if our lights were out.

So, yes, now we have a huge bowl of Halloween candy left over.


So I wondered how the above candy bars would taste in cookies.

Only problem is I can't make cookies from scratch. I've tried and tried and tried. And they get too poofy, too flat, too burnt, or too weird tasting.

So, again, follow the concept  here not the visual.

I tried Snickers, Peanut Butter cups, and Butterfingers.

I highly recommend the Peanut Butter cups (but that's SO been done before), and highly do NOT recommend the Butterfinger. Yes, in theory it should be spectacular! But in reality, it's just sticky.

{Sticky as in stick-to-the-pan-so-bad-you-scrape-for-days-to-get-it-off}.

The winner....Snickers. These Snickerchip cookies are creamy in the middle and crispy on the outside. With bits of chocolate and peanuts and Snickery goodness. And no, they may LOOK like pancakes but  they are not. They are cookies. Give me a little cookie grace people.

Find your favorite chocolate cookie recipe {or figure out what's wrong with mine} and add your leftover snickers!!

And one more thing. Pleaseexcusetheflatcookies.


Snickerchip Cookies
adapted from my Tiny Oven chocolate chip cookies

  • ½ cups Butter, Softened
  • ½ cups Granulated Sugar
  • ¼ cups Brown Sugar
  • 1 whole Egg
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1 cup All-purpose Flour
  • ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt
  • 1 cup Chopped Snickers Candy Bar

In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and blend well. Slowly add in the flour, baking soda and salt, blend until combined. Stir in the snickers. I put my dough in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Line your cookie sheets with Silpat mats or parchment.
When you are ready, spoon by the tablespoonful onto the prepared sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes until the bottoms are lightly browned. Remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.
"I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus." 1 Corinthians 1:4