Friday, November 25, 2011

Day-After Buffalo Turkey Salad


When I was growing up, the days after Thanksgiving were some of the most terrible of days for me.

Because we had to eat leftovers.

And I do not love leftovers.

Especially after stuffing ourselves silly the night before and then mom and dad expected us to eat the same exact thing all over again. Ugh.

Mom tried to mix it up. She made turkey salad with the leftover turkey.

But I would whine and say, I don't like turkey salad. I don't even like chicken salad.

But then I always had a secret bite and it was delicious. But instead of liking it, I wanted to pout instead, because we were having the same thing for dinner. Again. Like 3 days in a row.

Now that I'm older, and much much wiser, I actually relish the after-turkey day turkey salad making. I think because I understand that its just plain not cool to waste that much turkey.

And because I get to be in charge of what I eat the day after thanksgiving. Even if I give myself the same rules. {Leftovers}. I still get to decide. So it automatically becomes more fun.

This year I added some Franks Red Hot. And it was a great choice. One that I made all by myself.

So put your sweatpants back on and have some fun with your leftovers.



Buffalo Turkey Salad
2 cups leftover turkey, chopped
1/3 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/3 cup mayonnaise with Olive oil
Seasoned Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 tsp garlic powder
Franks Red Hot, to taste

Combine all ingredients, stirring until creamy and chunky. If too dry, add more mayonnaise. If not spicy enough, add more Franks!

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Colossians 3:17