Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lasagna Soup

What to do with leftover Spaghetti Bolognese?

Hm...

I've tried making lasagna. Re-heating the Spaghetti. Making more lasagna. And then throwing it out when I get sick of it.

No more.

I discovered this beautiful pin on Pinterest for Lasagna Soup, but when clicking on it, discovered the link went nowhere. {A true Pinterest tragedy.}

Hm...

So I did it. I made my own. I made Lasagna soup. And it was heavenly.

And now I want to make spaghetti every night. So I can have leftover's to make Lasagna Soup every day after that.

It is Ah-mazing.

Lasagna+soup = <3


Lasagna Soup


1 cup leftover Spaghetti Bolognese sauce
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup broken lasagna noodles
2 slices mozzarella cheese

In a pot, combine sauce and chicken broth and bring to boil.

Add lasagna noodles, and cook according to package directions 8-10 minutes.

Add soup to oven safe ramekins and add mozzarella on top. Broil on high in the oven for 2-3 minutes until brown and oozy.


"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18