Well it just got taken to a whole new level.
Thanks to dear old Pinterest, I stumbled across this fried, cheesy jalepenoy goodness. It will remind you of a jalepeno popper on crack. Stuffed into a chicken. And then fried.
This picture doesn't quite do it justice. I had to get up close and personal with this crazy gooey cream cheesy goodness.
I found this over at Cassie Craves. And I get it. Why she craves it.
My husband said Yum in between every bite.
Some of the glorious stuffing shown above fell onto my mashed potatoes I had on the side. So of course I swirled it together and ate the mashed potatoes a la cheesy gooey goodness.
Maybe I should try said cheesy gooey goodness on my eggs for breakfast?
adapted from Cassie Craves
6-ounce reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
4 strips of bacon, diced
3 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Salt & Pepper
1. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
2. Stir together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, and jalapenos in a small bowl.
3. Season both sides of chicken breasts with Garlic Powder, salt and pepper. Cut a pocket horizontally through the thickest side of each chicken breast, and fill with 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
4. Add 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper to bread crumbs and mix.
5. Roll the chicken breasts in bread crumbs to coat. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook chicken breasts about 3 minutes per side.
6. Finish cooking chicken breasts in a 425 degree oven for 5-7 minutes.