Thursday, October 27, 2011

Always Quiche Me Goodnight...

Every year around this time I get a hankerin for Quiche.

I think it's because in my head Christmas is right around the corner {yesimoneofthose} and at Christmas mom and dad always made Mini Quiches to go with our food feast while we opened presents.

I'm pretty sure they resemble these:


So... fall=almost Christmas=Quiche time.

So one year I decided to make my own Quiche out of all of my favorite ingredients. Every time I made it I ended up adding something new. Random things. Like feta cheese.

It was a science experiment in the making.

And then it became this big shmorgishborg of wonderfulness.


So, of course while I was whipping up this treat that's perfect for Fall but reminds me of Christmas, I HAD to listen to Michael Buble's new Christmas CD. HADto.

And it was glorious.

Now there's no stopping me. Hello made-for-TV-Christmas-movies. Hello Christmas music. Hello beginning of Pinterest Holiday madness.

Yes, I know it isn't even Halloween yet. Guess what? Don't care.

Make this Quiche to begin decking your halls, or tricking your treat, whatever tickles your fancy!


Sausage Feta Quiche


2 10 oz pie crusts-frozen
12 oz breakfast pork sausage with SAGE
6 eggs
1/3 cup half & half or heavy cream
1/2 tomato, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
6 oz feta cheese crumbles
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste

Sautee sausage over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until browned.

In a large mixing bowl, add sausage, feta cheese, vegetables, and garlic to bowl. Add eggs and milk and stir, making sure liquid coats everything. Add a dash of salt, pepper, and nutmeg, to taste.

Bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Makes 2 pies.

"and may God almighty grant you compassion." Genesis 43:14