Thursday, September 1, 2011

Busy Morning Buritto

I have a confession. I love breakfast! But I never have time to sit and leisurly eat breakfast while enjoying a steaming cup of coffee. Nope. I reserve that time for sleeping. Because it makes me feel good. And less tired.
So, when I am cooking breakfast, it has to be quick, and something portable I can eat in the car on the go. (While safely holding the wheel at 10 and 2, yes, of course.)

And lately I have been craving McDonald's Sausage Breakfast burrito. I decided to whip up my own version this morning, but a far less greasy-make-you-feel-sluggish version. And it's full of spinach! So you get points for being healthy and it counts as a 3 mile run. (Right?)


Busy Morning Burrito

1/4 cup spinach (I used frozen, either is fine)
1 egg
2 tablespoons pre-made salsa
2 tablespoons shredded cheese
1 small tortilla shell
Dash Red Pepper flakes
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1/2 tbsp butter

Sautee spinach in butter over med-high heat until spinach is tender, add red pepper flakes while cooking. Crack egg into pan and scramble egg and spinach around, until egg is no longer runny (unless you like that sort of thing). Add salt and pepper, to taste.

Assemble burrito: On Tortilla shell, place egg and spinach mixture in middle. Layer salsa and cheese on top. Fold into a neat little burrito.

Wrap in aluminum foil or paper towel to eat as you run out the door.

Printable Recipe

Oh--remember my post about the Chalkboard wall preview? Well we finished it! And it has been a super fun thing in our house to leave notes on, write menus (yes I know thats cheesy), and such.


And even to draw pictures of pigs on, whereby your husband will later come along and rename said pig after your very fat and snorty dog, Roxy:

*no, we did not hang the outlet crooked. This is user error of the camera*