Saturday, September 24, 2011

When life gives you limes...


I've had one of those weeks. The kind where you wake up, think everything is going to be great, and you go to lunch on a Monday, and then your whole life gets flipped upside down.

The kind where life hands you limes. Not lemons per-se. Limes. Because you see the sweet silver lining, but its still darn tart. 

So with the limes life handed me, I made Guacamole. 

Because I love it and it makes me happy. And life is pretty tart right now and I could use a lot of happy.

This is creamy, zesty and crunchy and will fill your stomach up with sunshine. And happiness. And guacamole.



Guacamole
3 very ripe avocados (press peel with your finger it should give a bit but not go through peel).
2 small tomato, seeded and diced
1/4 Red onion, diced
1 lime, juiced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Jarred Jalepenos, diced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Put all ingredients in a bowl. Scoop avocado out of its peel. Using a fork, or potato masher, mash all ingredients, mixing as you mash until it reaches the desired thinness/thickness you want--(I love a thicker guacamole.)

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith develops perserverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4