Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pappadew Veggie Sandwich

Have you ever had Panera Bread's Medditeranean Veggie? Me too! And I can't get enough of it!

So much so, that I decided to make my own version. And fall in love with it, instead. And save some moolah in the process.

So, after carefully reading and finding all most of the ingredients listed on their menu, I made a sandwich that will change how I eat lunch forever. Or at least for the next couple of weeks until I get sick of it.

First, I must introduce you to the Pappadew:

He's jarred, he's sweet and he also has a zip at the end after you bite him. Him and his friends will cost you $7.00 a jar (ugh) but it will be worth every penny. Because these guys are fun to eat by themselves, or on any other sandwich you may or may not be making.


Pappadew Veggie Sandwich

2 tablespoons of your favorite hummus. (I used HT garlic hummus)
2 slices of tomato
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 large slices of cucumber
2 mediun slices of Onion
Dash Cilantro
2 tablespoons Pappadew Peppers, diced
1 slice pepperjack cheese, or 2 tablespoons Feta Cheese
1 Roll, split in half

Assemble sandwich. Spread hummus on inside half of roll. Add tomato, sprinkle with salt & pepper, add cucumber, onion, cilantro, pappadew peppers, and cheese.

Eat, say mmmmmm. Eat some more...



"For all things are for your sakes, so that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God." 2 Corinthians 4:15