Thursday, June 27, 2013

buffalo chicken nachos

I have a husband who is obsessed with buffalo chicken. And I do believe the word obsessed is an understatement.


As an example, he has eaten it 3 times this week.

He has been begging me to make buffalo chicken for 5 years. I haven't. Because I didn't want to fail at something he loved so much.


And then this thing called wife guilt happened. {It's a lot like mom guilt.} So I scoured Pinterest and decided I was up for the challenge.

And then, the ideas just started coming to me, and I vowed to make some sort of Buffalo chicken once a week for the rest of his life. I'll take a giant slab of wife guilt if I ever fail him on Buffalo Chicken again.

These buffalo chicken nachos are crunchy and flavorful, topped with black beans, cheddar cheese, and drizzled with avocado ranch sauce. They just might turn you into a buffalo chicken fanatic too.


Buffalo Chicken Nachos
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp dill
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 bag of tortilla chips (we use whole wheat or flax)
1/4 cup buffalo sauce, plus more for drizzle
6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 very ripe avocado
1/4 cup ranch
1 can black beans

Marinate chicken breasts in 1/4 cup buffalo sauce, dill and garlic powder for at least one hour. Grill at 450 for 10-12 minutes until chicken is cooked all the way through. Slice Chicken into small slivers.

Cook the beans over low heat with liquid from the can for 10-12 minutes while chicken is grilling. Drain beans.

On a jelly roll pan, spread out bag of chips. Top with chicken, black beans, cheddar cheese. Broil on HI for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.

While the cheese is melting, in a food processor, puree avocado and ranch together until creamy and smooth.

Take nachos out of the oven to serve, drizzle with extra buffalo sauce and avocado ranch sauce.

***

What are your weeknight staples?