Tuesday, April 16, 2013

the boston marathon.


My heart is so heavy today for what happened yesterday at the Boston Marathon. The hate in this world is so unspeakable, so unnecessary.

For terror to strike at an event which should be a celebration of achievements, blows my mind. At the finish line of a marathon. A race that many have worked so hard to endure and achieve. Ruined.

I know a lot of people today will be asking why. Why would someone do this? Why would God allow this to happen?

We may never have all of the answers. We may never know the face of evil who has done this. I found this quote from C.S. Lewis on free will, and it offers up a bread crumb of hope...

"God created things which had free will. That means creatures which can go wrong or right. Some people think they can imagine a creature which was free but had no possibility of going wrong, but I can't. If a thing is free to be good it's also free to be bad. And free will is what has made evil possible. Why, then, did God give them free will? Because free will, though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes possible any love or goodness or joy worth having. " C.S. Lewis, The Case for Christianity

The only hope we can cling to is that there is a life better than this mess beyond what we can see.


"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10


Praying today for the people of Boston.