Friday, August 17, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips.

This baby is a maniac for sweets.

Which has lead me on an exploration of all foods covered in sugar. Somuchso that today, when I stared at a coffe cake candle I have in my kitchen, I decided it was a good time for coffee cake.

I mean, when is it not  a good time for coffee cake?

So far, I have decided that the Pioneer Woman makes the best coffee cake ever, aptly named "The Best Coffee Cake Ever."

And it is. It really, really is. And it should be, because it has FOUR sticks of butter in it.


Today, this pregnant lady decided that she was a) way too tired to bake, b) didn't need to eat four sticks of butter, and c) may or may not have all of the ingredients.

And a yummy snack was born.

I wish I could take credit for the invention of this snack. I cannot. Stacy's Pita Chips makes these Ah-mazing Cinnamon Sugar pita chips.


Which brings me back to being way too tired to bake go to the grocery store.

This pregnant lady, did, however have pitas. And Cinnamon. And Sugar. Score one for preggers.

If you find yourself in the same preduncament, make these. They are sweet and crunchy and taste like a little bite sized coffee cake. On a pita chip. Sans all the butter.

Which illicited a major baby dance party in my belly after I ate them. Wouldn't it be awesome if we took a page from fetus' and danced after we ate something we liked?

I think we could start a trend y'all...


Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
3 whole pitas cut into 1'' squares
4 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 375.  In a large bowl, mix together pita squares, brown sugar, cinnamon, and olive oil.  Toss until well coated, adding more olive oil if necessary to lightly coat the pita squares.

Spread out evenly on a baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, flipping once, until pitas are crunchy. Serve and enjoy!

"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" Psalm 119:103