Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Don't you just love that it's not just plain ol' Tuesday? Yes, I think every weekday should have a special name, especially one featuring alliteration.

So I recently ordered Lysa Terkeurst's new book Made to Crave, that all of the rage has been about, and I opened the book today to begin reading.



And I have to say it's page TWO and I already love her sense of humor!! Here is my first favorite excerpt about why she doesn't love dieting...

"I am not bouncy perky about giving up two of the greatest delights of my taste buds-Cheeze-Its and box-mix brownies. In fact, I've even asked God if it would be such a terrible difficult thing to swap the molecular structure of Cheese-Its for carrot sticks. They're both already orange. And, really, how hard could that be for someone who's turned water into wine?"

Then, she goes on to explain the passion behind her book:
"God made us capable of craving so we'd have an unquenchable desire for more of Him, and Him alone."

LOVE it already. Stay tuned for more fabulous excerpts (: