Monday, January 31, 2011

Merciful Monday!

“These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33



So, I found out last week that all of the hemming and hawwing and prayer and anxiety that I had over taking a new job and up and leaving everything I've known to trust God, was all foolish. I mean I KNEW God was pointing me in this new direction. I had sign after sign that it was what I was supposed to do, and yet, I doubted. I wondered. I second-guessed.

And then-as of last Thursday, the largest peace I have known came over me--and humbed me (how darest I doubt the Lord (: ). A few coworkers from my last company told me that they had done a major layoff, and every single one of the contract employees had been let go. Yep-you heard that right, that would have been me. But instead of spending this lovely weekend moping about because I didn't have a job, I rejoyced. I thought about my new job-I thought about every single step that God put in to place to have me here and to keep me safe. Sounds a little bit like he has plans to "prosper me, and not to harm me, and to give me a hope and a future", huh? ( :

God works in funny, amazing ways. Today, I have peace thanks to trusting God. Today my doubt has been removed. I want to go with Him and not the World. Tomorrow may be another story--I am human for pete's sake...but I want to remember that He is so much bigger than I am, and that this beautiful portrait he is painting through the canvas of my life has a purpose, and it.will.be beautiful.

PTL!