Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Thankful Tuesday


Have you ever read Ann Voscamp's 1000 Little Gifts? I've read about 50% of it. She is a good writer, y'all, don't get me wrong, it's just very....literary.

And in my free time, I like to stick reading things that don't make my brain hurt. But, I will say, the book has a beautiful premise. Every day, she wrote down 3 things (mundane to major) that she was thankful for.

And it totally transformed her perspective on life. Instead of focusing on what was lacking, it focused on the blessings that lay right in front of her.

So, here I'll be, every Tuesday, challenging you to list 3 things you are thankful for today.

"Perhaps it takes a purer faith to praise God for unrealized blessings than for those we once enjoyed or those we enjoy now." A.W. Tozer



1. Loving childcare. Whether at my friend Jamie's house or daycare days, I am thankful that Lucy is loved when she is not in our hands. { This picture was at a fall festival at daycare last week!}

2. Boot weather.


3. Costume parties. Who doesn't love to dress up and pretend you are someone/something else for a day!

Want to play along? Respond with your 3 thankful things in the comments section below...