Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers

With baby on the brain, it should come as no surprise to you that I love teeny, itsy-bitsy little miniature things. 

Little baby versions of life.


And these little baby bites of heaven will make your heart swoon.

Just like my heart swoons every time I hear the little lub-lub-lub of our sweet mini McWonderful every time we visit the doctor. 


And this little bean of ours has done something magical. Above and beyond all the warm and mooshy things this little bean has brought to our life already, I think that this very random thing must be mentioned.

This evening...this very evening, me and my husband simultaneously had a craving for domino's pepperoni pizza. 

Normally I would not get giddy over domino's pizza for dinner. Domino's pizza for a late night snack? 

Yes. Always and forever.

But for dinner? No way. 

This little bean has found a way to make our cravings unite. 

Unite so much that last night, when we stopped to enjoy these savory and adorable stuffed mini bell peppers, my husband doused them in hot sauce. Just like dinner every night. 

And I, too, went for it. And it was delish. 

Thank you little bean, for spicing up our dinners. We love you already.


Stuffed Mini Bell peppers
adapted from Cooking Light
4 mini bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
1/3 cup cream cheese
2 Tbsp sour cream
3 Tbsp diced shallot
3 Tbsp diced green onion
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp Cilantro
Dash, hot sauce to taste (not shown)

Combine cream cheese, sour cream, shallot, green onion, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl. Fill mini bell peppers with cheese and place on a baking sheet. 

Broil on HIGH for 3-5 minutes until cheese starts to brown on top.

Serve with dash of hot sauce, if desired. 

"Listen to me, descendants of Jacob, all you who remain in Israel. I have cared for you since you were born. Yes I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime..." Isaiah 46:3-4