Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love Resolutions

Hope you had a "Love-ly" Valentine's day.

I happened to catch a few minutes of a daytime TV show today talking about Valentine's Resolutions. I thought about how silly it was that they were trying to do an "after V-day" theme and it seemed...forced. And random.

Psssh. Who makes Valentine's Resolutions, anyway?

Until I thought about it some more.

Valentine's is well-known as a commercial holiday which encourages you to spend more money on the one you love and be romantic.

Not such a bad gesture.

But what if it could motivate us to be more Loving. Ya know, like every day.

What if we did start Love Resolutions.

My very clever valentine from Live to Love

I would resolve to write more cards to my dear, sweet husband and friends.

I would resolve to have more friends and family over for dinner for fellowship.

I would resolve to be good to my body and my heart all year long.

Maybe these so-called Love Resolutions aren't such a bad idea after all.


Black Bean Love Burger
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup finely diced bell pepper
1 carrot, diced finely
1/4 cup green onions, diced
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp cayenne
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
6 tbsp hummus
1/2 avocado, sliced

Mash black beans until chunky. Add black beans, bell pepper, lime juice, green onion, carrot, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, garlic, egg, and bread crumbs to large bowl and mix with your hands until firm and sticky.
(If the mixture separates too much, add more bread crumbs. )

Separate into 3 black bean burger patties. Grill over medium heat on a piece of aluminum foil for about 5-8 minutes on each side.

Serve on toasted buns with avocado and hummus. Makes 3 servings.

“This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” 1 John 4:10 NIV