Thursday, March 10, 2011

Goodbye Pie!

One of our dear coworkers is leaving us today to go on to bigger and better things. Cake Balls were requested, but they did not seem fitting for the occasion. We needed something gentler, and lighter and a tad sweeter since goodbye's are so sad. And then it came to me...Goodbye Pie!

Why don't we make pies to send people off? To tell them, you are a sweet person in our lives, just like this pie...


So I did it. I made a pie. A Goodbye Pie!


I used Pioneer Woman's Raspberry Cream Pie recipe, mostly because I love her, but also because I love the thought of raspberry and chocolate holding hands and doing a little happy dance in your mouth. (Which it did!)

3 reasons to love this pie:

1-The crust is made of Oreo's....need I say more?
2-It uses REAL raspberries, and counts as a fruit serving for the day!

3-It elicited the perfect response that a Goodbye Pie should, it made her smile and be joyful, and also made her request to keep the entire pie for herself.

So sayonara to just saying plain ol' Goodbye with tears and the usual moping about. From now on, there will always be GOODBYE PIE.


There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens... a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance..." Ecclesiastes 3:1 & 3:4