Monday, October 13, 2014

Apples!

Staying home Part Time leaves me looking for creative things to do to entertain a 2 year old all day.

Today we decided our day would be all about apples. I have been itching to make some crockpot applesauce and I wish I hadn't waited so long to try and make some! It's amazzzing.

Plus, I have this incredibly cute helper who always loves to help me cook.

She loved turning the crank of the Peel Away Peeler. I've had this for a few years, and it's great for little helpers, because it peels, cores and slices the apple. (If it's setup right! )


                                  Time for a snack...


  She was generous enough to share some peelings with the pup too.


Adding the cinnamon and sugar.

While the apples cooked, we made an Apple Tree Craft we found over at Happy Home Fairy. She loves paint! And this little project gave us an opportunity to talk about what colors the apples and the tree are. 




The finished products:

The smell in the house is incredible while this is cooking. 


Crockpot Cinnamon Applesauce
4 large Fuji Apples, peeled and sliced into 1'' cubes
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar

In a crockpot add the apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Cook on LOW for 4 hours. Blend with an immersion blender in the crockpot. Cool and serve.


2 year old approved!