Thursday, January 12, 2012

Light Pimento Cheese

So, yesterday I raved about Bobby' Deen's Not-So-Fried chicken.

Today,  I rave about about his Lighter and Leaner Pimento Cheese.

Yes. Pimento cheese.

As in thick, hunks of cheese.

With pimentos in it of course.


I am in love lurve with cheese.

In fact, I wrote a cheese haiku  poem:

Yellow cheese, white cheese, orange cheese, ooh
goat cheese, cream cheese, fruit cheese too.
No matter where I may go or what I may do,
I will always love every cheese --as long as its not blue! Ew.

Problem is, cheese doesn't like me back.

Or maybe it loves me back.

Loves me so much so, that it wants to stick around on my tush. For.Ev.Er.

Imagine my delight when I discovered Bobby Deen had made a lighter, leaner version!!

I was giddy. With pimento cheese delight.

Tomorrow, I will show you my favorite thing to make with pimento cheese.

Don't fall off the edge of your seat while you wait for it.

Make this whilst you wait.

It's thick and creamy, full of rich cheese with tang and a kick that only the best of the best pimento cheeses could give.

Light Pimento Cheese
adapted from Bobby Deen's Lighter and Leaner Pimento Cheese
1 7oz container greek yogurt
1 1/4 cup grated cheddar
3/4 cup grated mozzarella (part skim)
2 tablespoons chopped chives
2 tablespoons diced pimentos
2 tablespoons jarred jalepenos, diced
Dash salt
Dash Pepper
Dash garlic powder

Mix all ingredients together until it reaches your desired consistency.

"You have searched me, LORD, and you know me. " Psalm 139:1