Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happy PINs-day

Happy PINs-day!

Otherwise known as sharing-my-latest-Pinterest-find-with-you-Wednesday. {Pins-day for short.}

Zuchinni Tots.


Perfect to take to a party or serve as a healthy and delish side item for your dinner. Tonight.

You might even fool your kids into thinking they are eating something fried. (My lil baby bean sure was).

Crunchy tots full of cheesy vegetable goodness that I can only thank my sweet lil sis for, accidentally leaving some just-bought zucchini's at my house when she was here for a visit this weekend.

And when you eat them and decide they are delicious, you too, can thank my little sis and Pinterest for the inspiration.


Zucchini Tots
adapted from the Curious Country Cook
1 large zucchini
1/4 cup red onion
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper
Cooking oil spray

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Using a box grater, grate zucchini. Place zucchini in 2 paper towels (or a dish towel) and squeeze as much liquid out as physically possible.

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until they stick together. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and scoop spoonfuls of the sticky vegetable tot mixture into cups. Fill to the top.

Bake at 400 for 15-17 minutes until crispy on top.

"You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word." Psalm 119:114