Wednesday, April 4, 2012

cravings

I used to be easily swayed by food I saw on television.

I would watch Cupcake Wars, I wanted a cupcake.

I would watch someone on The Chew make a roast, I wanted to make a roast.

It usually had an incubation period of about 2 days. I'd plan it out. I'd see something yummy and I'd go for it. Or I'd move on and the craving would disappear.


Well, you've probably heard, but pregnancy brings cravings to a whole.nother.level.

I was watching a cooking show yesterday where they were making an apple pie. At that very moment, I  wanted needed an apple pie. 

Dear sweet Mr. McWonderful offered to run out and get one from McDonalds. But it was 10pm. And I was sure the craving would go away.

Today I passed McDonalds and once again was salivating over the thought of an apple pie. 

And for some crazy reason, yet again, I said, "I don't need that. The craving will go away."


Well, it doesn't. Go away. It continues to toot like a broken trumpet in your ear. Until you fix it.

Until you eat it.

So indulge my friend. Pregnant or not. Life is full of little berry pie gifts that you can't live without.


Berry Pie Pockets
1 pre-made refrigerated pre-made pie crust
1 cup frozen or fresh berries: raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tbsp butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut out 2-3 rectangle tops and bottoms, each measuring about 4'' x 3''. (You may have to re-roll out the dough since a pie crust comes in a circle.)

 In a bowl, combine fruit, sugars, and vanilla. Spoon fruit into center of rectangle bottoms. Place tops on pockets and press edges together with a fork to form a seam.

Melt butter and brush over tops of pie pockets.

Place pie pockets on a greased baking sheet for 25-30 minutes until brown and flaky! Serve with whipped cream and indulge.

"we wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield." Psalm 33:20